Friday, May 31, 2013

An update.....


In postings 211, 212, and 213 we discussed the construction and use of the Intermediate Objectives Map and I told you that Bill Dettmer was the person most responsible for popularizing this tool.  I also told you that recently Bill has begun referring to this tool as a Goal Tree.  In the past week or so, I have had some email conversations with Bill about the IO Map and I have agreed that going forward I would refer to this tool as a Goal Tree.  So please erase from your mind the term IO Map and replace it with the term Goal Tree.  And when you think about the structure of a Goal Tree, it makes perfect sense to name it as such.  It's all about identifying those Critical Success Factors and Necessary Condition which must be in place and functioning to realize your organization's Goal. 
 
In closing this brief posting, I want to thank everyone who has visited this blog in record numbers during the month of May.

Bob Sproull

No comments: