Friday, August 1, 2014

Yet another milestone reached!!

In the month of July my blog has hit yet another milestone in terms of page views when it finished the month at an amazing 200,800!  I want to thank everyone who has shown an interest in my blog since I began writing it in 2010.  For 8 straight months the number of page views has increased and at the end of each month I am simply amazed that the total keeps rising.  Your level of interest in what I am writing means so much to me and I will continue writing as long as you keep reading.

Someone asked me why I measure "page views" as my performance metric.  Why not measure the number of followers?  The reason I started writing the blog in the first place was that I wanted to share what I had learned about continuous improvement because I truly believed that by integrating the Theory of Constraints (TOC) with Lean Six Sigma, good things would happen.  I wanted to share this message because I love helping people improve and solve problems and by measuring the number of page views, it is my belief that people are genuinely interested in learning about improvement.  The fact is, not all people sign-up as followers, but because I use Twitter, Facebook and Google to issue my postings, simply looking at the number of "followers" was not a good measure of how many people were actually reading what I wrote.

I also want to thank all of the people who sent me emails concerning the launch of Bruce Nelson and my website, Focus and Leverage Consulting.  The response to this launch has been so gratifying for Bruce and I.  As I said in the posting on this launch, I'm a neophyte when it comes to website creation and I already know that there are typos that must be corrected.  This website will be evolving as time goes by and as I learn more about how to create and improve it, it will get better....so please bear with me as I learn.

Finally, I wanted to let everyone know that Epiphanized is going to be re-published by a new publisher, Productivity Press.  Actually, it will be a second edition as Bruce and I are going to present some new material both in the novel part of the book and the appendix.  We also have finished writing the sequel to it, so down the road this too will be published.  I'll keep everyone abreast of our progress.

Again, I want to thank everyone for contributing to the amazing number of page views that we saw in July.  I will do my best to continue writing and presenting interesting material for all of my readers to view.
Bob Sproull

No comments: